Giving Permission

"Dream and give yourself permission to envision the you that you choose to be."
- Joy Page
Actor

Over the years as I have spoken to groups and taught seminars, I have discovered a common issue that many people face.  They all have a dream and they all have a desire to pursue that dream.  What they also have in common is that they are all looking for permission to achieve their dream.

                Doubt is a problem we all face from time to time.  I have said many times that a worthwhile dream needs to be impossible.  The trouble with dealing with the impossible is – well, it’s impossible.  We question whether or not we have what it takes to achieve the impossible.  On one hand we believe we can because we believe in our dream.  On the other hand we are not sure because we have not done it before.  That doubt can create fear, confusion and a lack of confidence in ourselves.  This is when I find that for many, all that is needed is a bit of a push.

                If you are seeking permission to achieve your impossible dream, I here and now give you that permission.  Not that you need my permission to find success, but at first you just need anyone’s permission.  Now, here is the exciting part: Give yourself permission.  That’s right, give the permission you need to yourself.  You really are the only one who has that power anyway, so get on with it and give yourself the permission you need.

                Your dream is yours and yours alone.  It does not belong to any one else and no one can take it from you.  Therefore, no one (and I mean no one) can keep you from achieving that dream if you give yourself the permission to do it. 

                I always look at it this way.  I believe that I was created (and you too) for a purpose and my dream is the task I was given to do.  If the Creator of the universe gave me a task to do and created me with all I need to do that task, then how can I fail?  You too have the Creator of the universe behind you and ready to guide and direct you in the achievement of the dream He gave you to start with.  So that leaves one question: How can you fail?

To discover how you can achieve the dream you have believed was impossible for too long, read On The Journey To Achievement by John Patrick Hickey.  You can get a signed copy for yourself and get one for a friend, by going to http://www.johnpatrickhickey.com/it-is-good-to-set-goals-better-to-achieve-then/.  Now available on Kindle, Oops! Did I Really Post That? Online Etiquette in the Digital Age by John Patrick Hickey.


To read more from John Patrick Hickey or to get his books, training and book him to speak to your church, business or group, visit our website at http://www.growthcenter.net or www.johnpatrickhickey.com.   © 2015 John Patrick Hickey

Comments

Popular Posts