The Real Neverland

I know that when I mention “Never, Never Land”, your minds go to the home of Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up, created by Scottish Author, J.M. Barrie in 1904.  It is fun to think of a life when you never had to grow up and daily faced wonders and adventures – not to mention being able to fly.  However, that is not reality.  I remind my daughter often how when she was young she always told me, “I can’t wait till I’m a grown-up.”  Today, she is married, she and her husband own their own business, and she has six kids and homeschools.  I love to ask, “So, how do you like being a grown-up?”

                In the context which I am talking here, never, never land has little to do with youth or flight.  I am talking about time.  You see, in never, never land, time was never an issue.  They went from one day to another just the same as they were yesterday and the day before.  On the journey to achievement, however, tomorrow hasn’t come and yesterday is gone forever.  All you have is today.

"Do it now!  Sometimes, later becomes never."
- Zig Ziglar
(1926-2012)
Author/Speaker

                When you start to think about putting things off until tomorrow, you start to lose track of
the meaning of time.  Success-minded people need to understand that there is no tomorrow.  Tomorrow has a tendency to never come to those who depend on it.  I am not talking about death, although that happens too.  I am talking about never getting to the things that you should have done now.  Tomorrow offers no motivation to get things done. 

                Tomorrow says, “You have time.  There is no rush.”  It causes you to believe that your goals and dreams are not really that important.  If they can be put off this time, they can be put off tomorrow as well; and off again the next day, and the day after that.  Before you know it, it is never and you will get what never brings, nothing at all.

                I cannot count how many times I have had people tell me that “someday” they will do this or that. My challenge to them is to show me someday on the calendar. No one ever has. That is because “someday” does not exist. Someday is a myth, just like Neverland. It is a fun idea but you will never find it to be real.

                As you go after the dreams and goals in your life remember this fact. All you have is now. You lost yesterday and tomorrow is not promised. Do it now and you will always be on that forward move to achievement.

You can learn more about Personal Development from author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey.  To get his books, training and book him to speak to your church, business or group, visit our website at www.johnpatrickhickey.com. Be sure to sign up for the free membership and get even more tools to help you achieve your dreams.  

© 2017 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this may be reprinted or published without permission of the author.

Comments

Popular Posts