The Facts

 


Success-minded people know that there is only one certainty in life, and that is truth. Despite what popular opinion may say, truth is not different for each of us. It is never a matter of how you feel, think, or desire to believe. Truth is truth. It is the black and white of life. It is not open to debate, nor can it be changed. As former radio personality Woodrow Kroll, said, “Truth can’t be judged on the basis of popularity.”

Some do not like to hear this kind of talk. They are “offended” that someone would declare that there is only one truth. Evangelist David Jeremiah said, “Truth offends everyone outside its definitions. But the irony of truth is that the greater its potential for offense, the greater its potential for giving hope.” There is great comfort in knowing that there are some certainties in life.

“It’s one thing to believe that you possess remarkable potential. It’s another thing to have enough faith in yourself that you think you can fulfill it.”

John C. Maxwell

Author

 

Success-minded people will always discuss the many different areas of truth in life. There is spiritual truth, scientific truth, and artistic truth, and so on. None are a different truth, just truth about another aspect of life. I want you, however, to ponder the truth about you. Who are you, and what you can achieve?

Author Darren L. Johnson said, “Believing in who you are is a major part of a powerful combination for success.” If you believe that you are a success-minded person, and I believe you are, you have to act like it. That is not a “fake it till you make it” thinking; it is a belief type of thinking. If we believe something about ourselves and know it is true, we must then live in that truth.

Of course, just because you choose to believe something does not make it true. If I believed I were a great singer, it would not make me one (believe me, I am not). Why not? Because the evidence shows that not to be true. I cannot sing, and no matter how much I choose to believe, I will not be a singer. But I know what gifts I do have, and I can accept that fact and live in my talents. That is a fact, I know it is accurate, and it has proven itself to be true.

Success-minded people understand that believing is not some mental shotgun blast where you believe in whatever it hits. Believing is based on facts, knowledge, and understanding. You know the facts, and you stand on them. There is always a reason for believing in something. 

“…Do not be afraid any longer, only believe.”

Mark 5:36

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website at www.johnpatrickhickey.com.   

© 2020 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this may be reprinted or published without the permission of the author.

Comments

Popular Posts