THE HEADLINES OF LIFE

 


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

John 6:35

 

Nine out of ten users have said, This has changed my life!" "Most Doctors not only recommend this product but use it themselves." "I have been taking this for several years now, and I tell you there is nothing like it out there." I am sure you can fill the page with more claimes you have heard about a whole list of products. From Vitamins to beds we are promised over and over again that whatever the product is, it will "change our life."

            Don't get me wrong here. I am not saying that all these products are fakes. Some are good products, even could be called great. Some are, without a doubt, fakes. Those who have struggled with a health issue have often experienced this firsthand. I have suffered from chronic leg pain for years. I have tried lotions, pills, shoes, therapies, and many other "cures." Some have been very helpful, and I use them today. Most have been a waste of time and money. But even of the best, I have found, not one of them has "changed my life."

            To change someone's life is a big order. The tagline is often used because salespeople know that many are looking for something to change their lives. They also know that nothing will, and most people don't expect it. However, that "change your life" kind of change is possible for those who genuinely seek it. Psychologist Viktor Frankl (1905-1997) said, "When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."

            Like many of you, I have spent most of my young life searching for that change – real change – but always coming up short. That was until I found Jesus (or rather He found me since I was the one who was lost). In my search for meaning in life and the truth, I felt I was missing; a friend of mine introduced me to the Gospel of John. In that Gospel, Jesus made a statement that grabbed hold of me. He said, "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36) I didn't know much, but I did know I was not free. I needed no mystic or prophet to tell me that.

            So I figured, what do I have to lose. If I try Him and He fails me, I lose nothing like all other things have done. So, in all sincerity, I gave myself to Jesus. Of course, I did not know what that meant at that time. And for the first time in my life, I could honestly say, He changed my life. I was not the same, and 50 years later, I am still not the same.

            Every day you will be hit with all the barking sales talk about this product and that and promises they can never fulfill. In the quiet places, God is telling you that there is one person who will indeed change your life. His name is Jesus, and He is only a prayer away.

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website: www.growthcenter.net.    © 2022 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this material may be reprinted or published without the author's written permission.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts