HELP!


 "But I am afflicted and needy; Hurry to me, God!

You are my help and my savior; Lord, do not delay."

Psalm 70:5

 

Whether you agree with the person in the office or not, there is no denying that the President of the United States is a difficult job. Few would argue that Abraham Lincoln found it the most difficult. As soon as he took office, the country fell into civil war and stayed throughout almost all of his presidency. Along with his country's problems, he also suffered from many family issues as well. Lincoln was a man who needed help; and was willing to say so.

            Lincoln said, "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day." President Lincoln knew that with all his power and all the resources and people at his disposal, he had only one place to go for answers – to the throne of God Almighty.

            You do not have to be President or someone in a position of power to know what it is like to feel the overwhelming conviction that you have nowhere else to go. That feeling that you have reached the end of your resources and abilities. Like President Lincoln, you are driven to your knees.

            The good news is that we can and do find the help we need in those times. Our God is there to help us in time of need. He always is ready to rescue us when we feel that all hope is gone. As David found when he was running for his life, "Be gracious to me, God, be gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge until destruction passes by. I will cry to God Most High, to God who accomplishes all things for me.

He will send from heaven and save me; He rebukes the one who tramples upon me. God will send His favor and His truth." (Psalm 57:1-3)

            Life without God is a hopeless thing. There is no reason anyone should face its battles alone. Our Heavenly Father never turns His back on anyone. It is us who turn our backs on Him. When the difficulties of life drive you to your knees, stay there. Cry out to the One who can help in time of need. There is no problem too big for Him or concern too small. The Creator of the universe is there for you - yes, you.

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website: www.growthcenter.net.    © 2022 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this material may be reprinted or published without the author's written permission.

Comments

Popular Posts