Mind Your Own Business

 


"Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?"

Psalm 139:7

 

There was a time, many years ago, when I was struggling with my faith. I knew Jesus as my Savior for several years, but I was also feeling the pull back into the world I had left behind. My problem wasn't that I couldn't turn my back on Jesus. I could. I was still young in the faith and could come up with a dozen or so excuses for turning back. The problem was Jesus wouldn't turn His back on me.

            It seemed no matter what the excuse or what I planned to do, He was always there reminding me that He loved me and was there for me. It was difficult for me, but He would not leave me alone. Years later, I read something from one of my favorite authors David Roper that reminded me of this time. "Why can't He mind His own business and leave us alone?" Roper wrote. "He won't because we are His business. He loves us with relentless love; He will not rest until we're His."

            I love that! "He loves us with relentless love." What a powerful and perfect statement. So that you know, God won that battle back many years ago; and He is still winning. It is that relentless love. No matter how hard we try or where we think we can hide, He will not let us go.

            We all have had, or will have, those times of wanting God to mind His own business. What you need to remember is you are His business. Think of the words of David in Psalm 139

Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

If I ascend to heaven, You are there;

If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

If I take up the wings of the dawn,

If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,

Even there Your hand will lead me,

And Your right hand will take hold of me.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,

And the light around me will be night,"

Even darkness is not dark to You,

And the night is as bright as the day.

Darkness and light are alike to You.

            There is no hiding from Him, so it is best to surrender and rest in His particle love. God is not persistent because He wants to control you, He is there to protect you. It is that relentless love that He has for you. You will never find that love anywhere but in His presence.

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website: www.growthcenter.net.    © 2022 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this material may be reprinted or published without the author's written permission.

Comments

Popular Posts