There is No Cure for Dreamers

"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers.  But above all, the world needs
dreamers who do."
- Sarah Ben Breathnach
American Publisher

When I was young I was always being scolded for being a dreamer.  My mind was always going and thinking up ideas and stories that I was often told were impossible and a waste of time.  No matter how many times my parents and teachers told me to get back to reality and start facing facts, I could not help myself.  I was a dreamer and there was no cure for it.

                In high school I had a teacher who seemed to understand me.  We often talked after class and I even was her assistant for my senior year.  Her name was Mrs. Valley and she had a huge impact on my life.  Mrs. Valley would tell me, "Never stop dreaming and believing in your dreams.  We need more dreamers and less people who try to keep their feet on the ground."  This kind and understanding teacher gave me hope and acceptance that, I believe, helped me become the person I am today.

                If you are a dreamer, have hope.  Here is a fact that you must come to grips with: Dreamers are incurable.  You will always be a dreamer no matter what you do.  The trick is to dive into it and dream the biggest and most impossible dreams you can.  Then, without fear or hesitation, make those dreams come true.  Take action and never stop till you have achieved the dream.  Then - start all over again with a new and bigger dream.

                If you know a dreamer, do not try to stop them.  I know that as a parent or friend of a dreamer you worry about them failing or getting hurt.  The dreams they have are just impossible and you want them do face reality.  Reality is, only the impossible dreams are worth pursuing anyway.  You do not have to understand or even agree with their dreams to support them.  Will they get hurt along the way?  Maybe.  Will they fail at times?  Undoubtedly.  Now add this to your list of questions: Will they succeed and achieve the impossible?  Without a doubt is they never give up.

                Remember this as well when you are dealing with your dreamers.  Dreaming is not only incurable it is contagious.  You may find yourself dreaming of great things and being willing to go after what you think is impossible to achieve.  I promise you this, once you become a dreamer you will never see the world the same again - and that is a wonderful thing.


To read more from John Patrick Hickey or to get his books, training and book him to speak to your church, business or group, visit our website at http://www.growthcenter.net or www.johnpatrickhickey.com.   © 2014 John Patrick Hickey

Comments

Popular Posts