NEVER FORGET


 "Be careful that you do not forget the Lord who brought you out of the land of Egypt,

out of the house of slavery."

Deuteronomy 6:12

 

Never Forget! It is a recognized cry that tends to bring to mind disasters in history. People were told never to forget the Main sunk in Havana, Cuba, and started the Spanish – American war. We will never forget the trail for tears, the massacre at Wounded Knee, the sinking of the Lusitania during WWI, the Holocaust during WWII, 9/11, and countless other tragedies throughout history. All are worthy of being remembered, yet the fact that so many tell us that they are not.

            The thing that is forgotten is not how bad these events were. If that were true, we would never repeat them. The thing that is forgotten is how good God is. There are always those who shout out, "If God is so good, why did He allow these things to happen in the first place." These horrible things are humanity's doing, not God's. He allows us to be free to choose our actions and deal with our consequences. Those people who complain that God doesn't control things, so evil does not happen are the same who refuse to allow Him to have control of their life. You cannot have both.

            Remembering what God has done for you is not a difficult thing. I encourage you to look at some of the daily events in your life both before and after you became a Christian. I have often looked back in amazement and remembered how I have put myself in danger, not just in a bad spot but in real danger, and how I was saved from it by some mysterious means. I did not see it then, but now I know that it was the protective hand of God. Why me? I cannot tell you. I am the most unworthy of all His servants. I am just grateful He did.

            When my daughters were born, I started praying for their husbands. I figured that no matter who they would be, at least I knew someone had been praying for them. Many years later, I shared that with our oldest daughter Beth's husband, Tony. He was amazed as he thought back at the many times he knew that "someone was looking out for him." When he became a Christian, he could see God's hand in his life. When he knew that there was prayer behind it directly for him, it all fell into place.

            Do not forget the goodness of the Lord in your life. It is not the times of tragedy and despair when we forget; it is the time of peace and blessing. Look for the hand of God in your life. You never know who is praying for you. God is working in you to be all He created you to be, and He is never discouraged by this world's setbacks.

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website: www.growthcenter.net.    © 2022 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this material may be reprinted or published without the author's written permission.

Comments

Popular Posts