WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER


 "How sweet are Your words to my taste!

Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

From Your precepts I get understanding;

Therefore I hate every false way."

Psalm 119:103-104

 

We have all faced it. We are doing great in our spiritual walk. We read Scripture every day. Our prayer time is sweet, and there is a special connection with God. We have such a connection that there is almost a sense of spiritual pride. Then without warning, our greatest weakness comes before us, and the bottom falls out of everything.

            "What happened?" we ask ourselves and the Lord. Where did we go wrong? This just isn't fair. We can cover it up, so no one knows, but we know. We also know that God knows. We have gone from quoting Paul in saying, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) to quoting Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), saying, "The only thing I cannot resist is temptation."

            Now allow me to pass on a truth to you from one who has spent more time on this road than off it. That is for you not to despair. If your heart's desire is to know and to be used by God, you are on the right track. "Are you saying," you may ask, "that it is okay to sin? Or even worse, that God has caused me to sin so He could use me?" Paul answered this question in Romans chapter 6, "May it never be!"

            Age has taught me many things. Two are among the top lessons I treasure. God Almighty is always - without fail – looking out for me and working in me to be all He created me to be. The second is that God wastes nothing. There is no event, no blessing, no suffering, no victory, no defeat, and yes, no sin that is beyond His sight and His power to use for my good.

Once you understand Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." You will begin to see that nothing, not even your sin, is wasted in God's plan for your life.

            Here is an assignment for you. Read Romans Chapter 6. Read it with new eyes. Pray that the Spirit of Truth will open your mind and heart to receive all that God has for you there. Stop seeing sin as some incurable sickness. Jesus has set us free from sin and its deadly hold on us. Will, we never again make a mistake and sin. I wish that were true. But I can say we will never again be bound by sin and trapped in its hold. "For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the Law but under grace." Romans 6:14

 

You can learn more about Personal Development from the author and speaker, John Patrick Hickey. To get his books, training material, or book him to speak to your church, business, or group, visit our website: www.growthcenter.net.    © 2022 John Patrick Hickey. No part of this material may be reprinted or published without the author's written permission.

Comments

Popular Posts